Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mini Cookie Cupcake Sandwiches

 First, we have chocolate chip cookies.

 Cookie. Mini Cookie. Micro Cookie.

  And then we have the humble mini cupcake.

Looks normal, right? Just a mini cupcake?

WRONG!
(Please excuse the chipped nail polish. I had no time to repaint them, I was busy making extremely small cookies. My priorities remain not with beauty but with my sweet tooth.)

 Just pop some micro cookies (That's what I'm calling them. Fun huh?) in the cupcake tin before spooning in the batter and Voila! Mini Cookie Cupcake Sandwiches! This would work in regular cupcake tins too, but they were just so cute this size. Plus I figured if I'm gunna be forcing cookies, cupcakes and frosting together into one dessert, smaller serving sizes might be a good call. (Then again, when they are little you feel like you aren't overdoing the dessert thing and end up having several of them. Or is that just me?)
You know what's funny? I just stopped caring about the whole fat-and-sugar-bad-for-you thing. Huh.

Are these impossibly cute or what?

Bring these to virtually any occasion and you will be everyone's best friend. Unless you have eaten them all on your own. Then they will just stay our little secret. 


Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup melted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 325F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. 

2. Cream together butter with both sugars. Beat in vanilla and eggs.

3. Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt until just blended. 

4. Stir in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon. If you are making micro cookies it would probably be easier to use mini chocolate chips, but I didn't have any so I just used lots of regular ones. 

5. Drop cookie dough onto parchment paper.

For regular size cookies:
 about 16-20  fit on a sheet for 15-17 minutes.

For mini cookies:
around 24 on a sheet for 12-14 minutes.

For micro cookies:
35 on a sheet for 8-10 minutes. 
Really, this is only about a 1/2 tsp-to a tsp worth of dough per cookie so don't be surprised if it looks like they are way too small. They will be delicious and adorable, I promise :)

That's it for the cookies.

Mini Cookie Cupcake Sandwiches
Before I tried these I had no idea if it would actually work so I used boxed cake mix and premade frosting cause if it didn't work, that would have been a whole lot of wasted effort. Next time I'll make it all from scratch. (in case you were wondering it was German Chocolate cake mix and Cream Cheese Frosting. 

To assemble them:
1.Grease a cupcake tin and/or put down cupcake liners.

2. Place a micro cookie in the bottom of each tin.

3. Spoon in enough cake batter to fill them just over 3/4 of the way full.

4. Bake according to box directions minus a few minutes because, after all, the cake batter doesn't go all the way down.

5. After cooling, frost and top with another cookie.

6. Inhale. Seriously, these suckers are tiny, you can dispose of the evidence very quickly.

Happy Eating!



No comments:

Post a Comment